Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected

An e-space full of ramblings and mumblings


* * * The not-so-great comeback.....

* * * The not-so-great comeback.....
I'm back....Thank GOD !!! Finally I have been able to make a comeback!!!!!!!!!


Well well well....it's been quite a while since I had last posted something on this blog. It was neither that I didn't have time nor that I didn't have anything to post but just that for some reason (and quite obvious ones, of course) the systems-security personnel of my company had blocked this website.Whenever I tried to get into this site I got a "YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THIS PAGE" message. Now, again, for some reasons (and not-so-obvious ones,let me tell you) they have unblocked it and I can access it again. HURRRRRRRAAAAAHHH !!!!!


Meanwhile, there have been quite a number of happenings in my personal and professional lives......some of them are worth-cherishing, some not-so-worth-cherishing.
But life's like that only, isn't it? Nothing comes for free......Everything is a part and parcel of life.


Everything started when I couldn't decide on what my next target should be in life and realized it was high time I got married. And since I hate procrastination I called up my parents and told them what was in my mind rightaway.....and trust me, I repented doing that within 24 hours as they took my words far too seriously.
Gosh !!! I keep getting at least 5 calls from wannabe in-laws everyday. I wonder if really that many girls are single why on earth we don't get to see a single single girl( read: good-looking girl) anywhere? No offence meant.

As far as handling calls from these people is concerned I had been asked by my parents to do the initial talking myself and then hand over the issue to them if I'm impressed. I've been doing exactly that for the past one month or so and no wonder so far they've rejected every girl I was impressed with.


Now, in the process, I suddenly discovered something very interesting.......... I didn't have a recent and decent single photograph of mine....and that's something those aspiring in-laws keep pestering me for. So, my next job was to get into a studio and to get myself shot. I did that,too. And,guess what ....... the expression of the photographer himself was
worth-taking-a-snap-of after seeing the outcome of the first close-up shot he took of me. Then,possibly visualizing what detrimental effect such a horrendous piece of photography can have on the reputaion of himself and his studio he kind of forced me into the make-up room to get my hair done and to apply something (I have no idea what it was) on my forehead in spite of my strong resistance .
Then a few more snaps were taken and it was my turn to give him a complimentary
worth-taking-a-snap-of kind of expression after I saw these pictures.
My GOD !!! Who the hell is that guy? Is that me? Can I look so good as well? Oh.....this photographer guy is a real magician. He has made really something out of some absolutely nothing stuff. I left the studio with a 32-all-out expression.


Suddenly I realized there was a problem.....a Problem with a capital "P".
Suppose.....just suppose if I send one of these photographs to the family of any of those girls and they like it, what would their reaction be when they see me in person? And, on top of that, what would my reaction be after seeing their reaction? My palms start sweating if I even imagine such a situation.


So far it was all about my side of the story.....there are a few interesting things on the other side also.

The father of a girl called me up from Orissa and asked if I was interested in meeting up with his daughter as she was also in Bangalore.
I said I had no problems if his daughter was interested.
He asked me to check out the girl's profile on a matrimonial portal. I did so.
And it said she was Fair, 5'4'', hazel-eyed, slim and round-faced.
On the very next day I got an sms from his daughter.I called her up from my office phone (no issues as long as local calls made from office are free-of-cost) and found her impressive, at least over the phone.
She said she was free on the coming sunday and we decided to meet up on Brigade Road at 12:00 o'clock for lunch. I asked her to come in front of BARISTA where I would be waiting wearing a grey T-shirt and faded jeans. Then I crossed the road and stood right opposite to the place I was supposed to be standing at. I called her again and she said she was on the way to BARISTA along the same pavement and wearing a red top and light blue jeans. And upon scanning the opposite pavement with my seasoned eyes the only woman I saw in a red top and a light blue jeans was
darker than me, not taller than 4'11'',wearing thick granny-like glasses, fatter than me and with an incredibly small but longish kind of face.

I didn't dare to cross the road.....got hold of the first auto-rickshaw I saw and got into it. I saw her holding the cell phone against her ear and trying to call somebody....and I could feel my cell phone vibrating inside my jeans' pocket.....WOOOOOOOHHHH !!!! What a close shave it was !!!!!

Now, why did I run away? Is being good-looking everything? Do I look for only outer beauty? These are the possible questions I'm going to get shot at me I know.
But the truth is I didn't run away because the girl wasn't good-looking.
What she and/or her parents did was they lied.
They gave me an absolutely wrong impression about how their daughter looked.
Okay, alright....I can understand that no parent can say things like "My daughter is ugly"....but then they shouldn't have lied also.....
Why did they have to put such misleading information on the matrimonial website? It's understandable if you can't face the bitter truth, the harsh reality but why do you have to lie for that? I hate lies. I hate liars.

There was one more incident, a bit funnier than the last one. A father called me up and gave me her daughter's number and asked for my parents' numbers. I took the number and gave him my parents' numbers because I liked talking to that gentleman. Later that evening he had called my parents and talked for a long time.
It was when I was just contemplating on whether I should call the girl or not that my roommate got a call from the same gentleman regarding the same issue. The aspiring father-in-law didn't know that we two were roommates and friends for the past 6 years and my roommate till date doesn't know that I got a call from that gentleman as well. He seems pretty much interested in this girl. And, for the time being, I've decided to remain silent and watch what happens......seems it would turn out to be really interesting....and hopefully funny as well.....

Labels: , ,

1 Responses to “* * * The not-so-great comeback.....

  1. # Blogger Arka Das

    Hi. I found a match in ur profile about someone called Sharadindu Bandyopadhyay, and incidentally, you and I are the ONLY two people on Blogspot sharing a love of that wonderful author, apparently. I'm amazed, a little pleased as well. Mind getting back to my blog?  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected | Google Newsby Google News.

See me, know me....