Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected

An e-space full of ramblings and mumblings


Is this bloody thing called Hinduism?

I don't know much about any religion, not even my own. I was born and brought up in a somewhat traditional yet moderately liberal Hindu family where everyone worships multiple Gods and Goddesses at least twice everyday by lighting agarbattis and diyas and offering flowers and sweets but no one looks down upon people belonging to another religion/caste.

I just came across something which I don't know is true or not, whether there is any evidence of this being true or not, because I never ever have read the Vedas or the Hindu-Shastras.

This is what I am talking about. If this dirty bloody thing about Hinduism or Hindutva is true, then what do the Shiv Sena, the Banjrang Dal, the VHP and the like make so much fuss about? What's the big deal about being a Hindu then? Instead, one belonging to a religion which allows such repulsive acts should actually feel ashamed.

Labels: , ,

3 Responses to “Is this bloody thing called Hinduism?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Mr debolin if you are Hindu you should feel ashamed of believing such posts. These people who spread such false type news are the selfish one who want to establish there own religion in the world. They are so posessive and has only one thing to do in life i.e..degrading other religions.

    I know you will delete this comment, but one thing to say..believe in your self before believing others.  

  2. # Blogger Apocalyptus

    @ anonymous :
    Dear friend, I am a Hindu and I'm proud of the fact that I am. And, you see I haven't deleted your comment.
    The link that I was talking about in my post was an authentic one. I myself have verified the facts by getting in touch with some renowned mythologists and also some people who can very well be referred to as 'Hindu fundamantalists'. They all have confirmed that whatever is there in the link is true.

    This is not the Hinduism I love. In fact I hate it.

    I'm proud of the Hinduism which has allowed and heartily welcome everyone from all parts of the world to India for thousands of years now. I love it.

    These two Hinduisms are totally different...I hope you too would agree on that with me.  

  3. # Blogger Ritesh Nadhani

    Looking at that sites articals particularly at http://india30.tripod.com/ayur_ved.html, I really doubt the authenticity of the site and articlesl  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected | Google Newsby Google News.

See me, know me....