Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected

An e-space full of ramblings and mumblings


Myself....finally

In the beginning it was 'Dev' as most of my friends call me here. Then I thought 'BlueStorm' sounded better; also it maintained total anonymity. But soon enough, I got bored with that, too. Then, inspired by some 'bongs-to-the core' bloggers I too wanted a slightly 'off the track' but very much bong alias. And, the first thing that came to my mind was Sukumar Ray's famous novel for children 'Ha-ja-ba-ra-la'. There was a phrase called "Beral-er Talobyo-sho" in that story. In Bengali 'Beral' means 'cat' and 'Talobyo-sho' is a letter in the Bengali alphabet which is pronounced like 'shh'. There is no 'shh' in the word 'beral' but this phrase was used in a very dreamy and hypothetical context in the novel and hence had become very popular.
Later, I realized this alias will give my non-bong friends a lot of headache; they might not even be able to pronounce it.
Therefore, I'm using my own name (as it is pronounced in pure Bengali) in my weblog.
I actually spell it in a slightly different way but in the blog I've spelt it exactly the way it should be pronounced - 'DEBOLIN'.



P.S. - No, I haven't missed an 'A' at the end of my name. I know that 'DEBOLINA' is a very common name among Bengali girls. But I am 'DEBOLIN' ....without an 'A'. So please don't get confused about my sex. I am a cent percent male.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Myself....finally

  1. # Blogger Archana Ramesh

    Ha! so that is the way your name's pronounced....'DEBOLIN'.....kind of sounds like a star wars character :D  

Post a Comment



© 2006 Haphazard views : A snooping psyche dissected | Google Newsby Google News.

See me, know me....